March 01 - March 01
XRF sample preparation training course for loose powders, pressed pellets, fused beads, solid samples and liquids
The main aspects covered during the course
To achieve the accurate, reliable XRF data demanded in today's business and regulatory environments, it is essential that good quality samples are delivered to the instrument for measurement. Samples of insufficient quality can have a large negative impact on the results. The key requirements of sample preparation are that samples should be representative of the source material and be homogeneous. Additionally, the elemental composition of the sample should not be altered before or during the preparation process. Provided these three conditions are met, a wide variety of sample types can be analyzed using XRF. Common sample forms include fine powders, granules, solids, liquids, chips and drillings.
This sample preparation course for X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis provides comprehensive training on various sample preparation methods and requirements. The course is composed of theory and an extensive hands-on sample preparation exercises in our Sample Prep laboratory of Application Competence Center in Almelo. Our comprehensive range of manual and automatic, advanced sample preparation systems will help participants to learn to create perfectly prepared samples for XRF analysis.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Theory session
- XRF sample preparation
- Preparation of solid samples: loose and pressed powders (matrix effects: particle
size/mineralogy), fused beads, metals, plastics, bulk and special samples
- Preparation of liquid samples
• Hands-on session
- Pressing pellets: binders and pressing tools
- Making fused beads: The Eagon 2
- Liquids and loose powders: cups and films
- Resurfacing metals
• Specific tips and suggestions on customer’s problems
Language: English (alternatives upon request)
Course duration: 1 day
For further information contact your local representative or:
Malvern Panalytical B.V.
Application Competence Center
P.O. Box 13
7600 AA Almelo
Tel: +31 546 534438
Fax: +31 546 534598
Register online, using the button below.
Should you not receive a confirmation mail after submitting the form, you can alternatively fill in the registration form and send it to email@example.com.
Closing date registration: 05-02-2018
- XRF sample preparation training course for loose powders, pressed pellets, fused beads, solid samples and liquids
- Almelo, The Netherlands
- 1 March 2018, 09:00 - 1 March 2018, 17:00
- UTC+01:00 Europe/Amsterdam
- Operational managers
- The course is targeted towards those who want to gain and broaden their knowledge of sample preparation methods for XRF analysis.